FORM FOR FILING AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS (FORM AOC-4)
Every year, the financial statements of the company i.e Form AOC-4 have to be filed with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Form AOC 4 is for filing the company’s financial statement for every financial year with the Registrar of Companies. The Form is submitted within 30 days of a company’s Annual General Meeting. AOC-4 must be certified by a practicing Chartered Accountant or Company Secretary.
Who are required to file AOC-4 form XBRL?
These are the companies that have to file AOC-4 Form XBRL for every financial year.
Documents required for filing Form AOC-4:
Different types of AOC forms:
1. Form AOC-4: Form for filing the financial statement and other documents with the Registrar
2. Form AOC-4 XBRL: Form for filing XBRL document in respect of financial statement and other documents with the Registrar
3. Form AOC-4 CFS: Form for filing consolidated financial statements and other documents with the Registrar
4. Form AOC-4 NBFC (IND-AS): Form for filing the financial statement and other documents with the Registrar for NBFCs
5. Form AOC-4 CFS NBFC: Form for filing consolidated financial statements and other documents with the Registrar for NBFCs
6. Form AOC-5: Notice of address at which books of account are maintained
Certification in the form AOC-4:
The data presented in the form needs approval from the director, manager, CFO, and CEO. Declaration has to be provided that all the information provided in the AOC 4 is true and correct and all the compliances are made according to the law. The E-form AOC 4 shall be digitally signed by Director, Manager, CFO, CEO.
Due dates of filing form AOC-4:
All companies registered in India under the Companies Act, 2013 are required to file a copy of financial statements, including all the documents which are required to be or attached, duly adopted at the annual general meeting of the company, within thirty days of conducting an Annual General Meeting
|Nature of Compliance||Due date of Filing
(Updated up to 30 July 2020)
|Relaxations due to COVID-19 situation|
|The date for conducting AGM for the F.Y 2019-20||30th Sep 2020 (i.e 6 Months from end of the F.Y)||Circular No. 20/2020, dated 05 May 2020 has clarified regarding holding of AGM through video Conferencing or other modes|
Due Date of filing form AOC – 4
|Within 30 days of conducting AGM||–|
Late fees and Penalty for not filing form AOC-4:
As per Company fresh start scheme, 2020 AOC-4 for previous years can be filed without paying late fees till 30th September 2020
Earlier there was a late fee slab for late filing of E-form AOC-4:-
|Number of Days Delayed||Penalty Amount for Late Filing|
|Up to 30 days||2 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 30 days and up to 60 days||4 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 60 days and up to 90 days||6 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 90 days and up to 180 days||10 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 180 days and up to 270 days||12 times of normal filing fees|
Penalty for non-filing of Form AOC 4:
|Defaulting Party||Penalty Imposed|
|Company||INR 1,000 for every day of default subject to Max of INR 10 Lakhs|
1. Managing Director/Chief Financial Officer
2. In case of the absence of the Managing Director/Chief Financial Officer-Any other Director who the Board assigns the responsibility.
3. In case of the absence of any such Director-All directors of the company
|INR 1 Lakh + INR 100 for each day of default subject to Max of INR 5 Lakhs|
Copyright © 2019 - All Right Reserved